April 2, 2012





This week from Brasil!!! (Everytime I write that I imagine it being in one of those voices that announce tv shows, like the ones that play every week. I think its funny.) Wow family!!! How are you all? Wasn't conference just amazing? I loved it!!! All 4 sessions had things I needed to hear and apply in my life. I thought it was so inspiring!!!! I'll share some more thoughts later!

But Gladys, our most progressing investigator was there! The first time she went to church. It was so good. She wants to be baptized. When we first met her we were knocking doors and we shared our message and taught about prayer. She had a lot of doubts about prayer and wanted to learn the correct way to pray. One month before she had thrown out all of her saints and written prayers because she felt like they weren't helping (she said her family always gives saints to each other as gifts) so she threw them out. Right at the begining prayer was really important for her. I have never seen anyone so eager to be taught and so open to it. She has two kids. one is 18 and studying in another city and then a 4 year old that is a copy of his father. The face is equal, and the kid is so funny, not on purpose funny but I find him so funny. Very serious. During the first session of conference he told his mom several times he was feeling happy. Gladys loved it. she said after the first time we visited she was calm inside. She said she is a very nervous person but now she feels peace. Her husband is constantly working and at night he studies. We tried talking to him once and he was a little resistant. She has been talking to him about her feelings and she said the change is hard for him but she still wants it. I love her. It has been so neat to see the spirit working with her and seeing her grow. Its amazing how conversion is a personal process, it happens inside of us. I am grateful for the chance to teach her and the Lord always teaches me as I teach her.

EASTER WEEK!!! Is everyone excited? I have been impressed lately with the need for a Savior (as general confernece talked about) but also the need of the ressurection. I will be studying this week the last week of the Savior's mortal ministry, the atonement and ressurection. It will be very good. I am so grateful for the spirit that teaches our souls. It will be a good week.

General Conference was amazing. all four sessions. So much was spoken of about families, forgiveness, sacrifice, repentance, love, giving the benfit of the doubt, not speaking of others, so many great and wonderful things. All week we have been inviting people to Conference and one person came. That made me happy because it has made a difference in her life and will continue to do so as she applies what she learns. During this week I learned so much about D&C 1:38 that says "whether it is by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants it is the same". We taught how we have a living prophet today and how we are literally hearing the desires of Christ for us as we listen to and apply what the Prophet and Apostles speak about. (I think I will be returning home about the same time I get the conference Liahona.) As I was listening to the speakers I was impressed again that this is what the Lord has been revealing to his choosen servents here on the earth right now. This is what he wants us to learn and do. I know Thomas S Monson is our Prophet today. He is equal to Moses, Adam, Noah and Isaiah. He is the chosen servent of the Lord to guide us and direct us. He taught the plan of salvation, we all know about the plan of salvation, but if the prophet of God is teaching it again, it must be something we need to learn more about. I know that the Gospel of Christ, in its fullness has been restored here on the earth, the organization of the church is to facilitate the Gospel of Christ which includes our ordinances and Covenants with God. Who we become through our service to God is what will matter one day. I am eternally grateful for the Gospel, for the chance I have to serve a mission at this time in my life. I am grateful for the plan of salvation. I KNOW this is God's plan for us here on the earth. I do not doubt it. I cannot. I Know God Lives and loves us. He sent Christ to save us physically from death and spiritually from our own sins. The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect, in the organization of HIS church. I love you all and pray daily for each of you. Let's press onward together. I love you all.

Love always.
Sister Taylor, Auntie Kat


Some pictures of a black sheep we found. I liked it, had some signifigance for me.
Then me and Sister Pinheiro (which means pine tree, hahhaa) while in the street one day. Then i was feeling pretty so I had her take the other one before we left the house in the morning!!! :) It was kind of cold that day. It was like october weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment