April 9, 2012

A little about what is going on here...I am being transfered and I am going to Palmeiras Das Missoes. I'll be opening an area with a Sister that just finished her training. I am super excited. Its going to be a ton of work. I think about 40,000 people but a branch of 20-25. I am a little nervous but its going to be good and it will be the winter, I am thankful for that. :) Because winter is cold, I am trying to find the little hand clappers that people use in sports. Ya know, the ones that have a handle and the little hand in the middle doesnt move but the ones on the outside hit back and forth. So ya!! We will see if I find them and if it actually works. :) I really want them. I think it will save my hands. So lots going on.

My super good friend Sister Julie Dunford is going home tomorrow. She finished her mission and its time to go. That is weird. Its all becoming very real for me and its kind of hard to think about.

This last week I got the flu which was a bummer. I slept a lot and have that hacking cough but its getting better. I only get sick with Sister Pinheiro but she always takes such good care of me. She is sweet.

I loved studying about the Savior last week. Truly I am grateful for the atonement because we all need it. One of the returned missionaries in the branch gave a talk that put into words perfectly the feelings I had been having about the Savior and our need to become like he is. In Mormoni 7:48, and a few others, talks a little about this. The process is described in Moroni 8:25-26.

I love the scrptures! I love you all and wish you all the best!! I am praying for each of you!

Love,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment