April 16, 2012

Hey my computer here is a little ghetto!

How is everyone! We are opening an area in Palmeiras das Missoes and its great. I love my companion!! Sister Dias, she is so funny, I am more myself with her than with any other companion. She literally laughs all the time.

The branch almost doesn't function. 20 people were in church. We have a rented house. Everyone keeps saying and now that the sisters are
here
, the area had been closed for 3 months so everyone is super excited. Its been more than 10 years since they have had sisters so we are that much cooler. The old branch president said we are going to be their princesses, hhahahahah. It was super funny. The city is all hills, has 40,000 people and we are learning the area.

We found a family, invited them to be baptised and they all said yes. We went to go get them Sunday morning to go to church and they didn't want to wake up...so ya. But I really think that the work here will be good. There are few men so we will need to find and teach more men and families. There are people who live farther away that travel more than an hour to come to church so they come every other week. we had 2 hours of church on Sunday. We had Relief Society then there wasn't a teacher for the second hour and the branch president needed to leave and he was the only one there that could conduct so we went straight to sacrament meeting, hahhahaha. Our branch is awesome! We are actually really excited! Its pretty fun. Time passes quickly. Its already getting cooler and its going to be a very very cold winter. We are excited about the possibilities here. My companion is new, she has 4 months. Her other area was tiny and flat so she is strugglying physically and I almost always sleep during the lesson. My body isn't staying awake but I try.

We will have more new next week and I'll try to send pictues! I love you all. Keep trusting in the Lord and he can work miracles in our lives.

Love you all.

Love,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment