January 30, 2012

Sorry everyone, my time ran out last week when I was sending this so here it is! First off, can everyone respond for me if they like the model of shoes called Tom´s. You can google it. I am trying to figure out what to buy people and if I can get someone to go to Argentina for me to buy them cheaper. Please let me know!!!
Love, Kat

Hello my wonderful family!!!

How are you all doing? How is the weather? How are all the grandkids? Give them hugs and kisses for me!

This last week I had the chance of studying two talks by Elder Russell M. Nelson. One titled ´The Gathering of Scattered Israel´ general conference 2006 and ´Covenants´ general conference 2011. These talks have changed the way iI am doing missionary work. They are changing the way I want to be. I started the mission knowing it was important and not really understanding why. Then the middle got really hard and my vision weakened. Now after reading these talks, I have more faith and I understand now why it's really important. We read them preparing for a zone conference with our Mission President. It was a wonderful experience and everything that has to do with the covenant that Heavenly Father made with Abraham. Our salvation and our exaltation. Wow, it's good. I would love to share with you all about it when I get back but I had a really neat experience. The day I finished reading these talks, I had the best day of work I have ever had in the mission field. I had a faith that was so strong, I knew in my heart people wanted and were ready for the gospel. It was so great and that day we found a family full of girls (sound familiar) and we taught them the restoration. It was such a good experience. I was so animated and excited to teach them. Now I need to learn how to build that kind of faith to use it everyday. It was really really neat for me to feel.

This week a lot of people have expressed concerns about their lives, which is great. Thank you so much for opening up to me. I started thinking about how each of us have worries and discouragements. I invite each of us to reach out to each other a little more. Find ways to serve each other. Each and every one of us need help and we have the perfect organization of the family to help with that. At the same time, let's try to be open and willing to receive counsel and help from each other. Something that as well each of us need to be more open to and work on. Each of us have worries and difficulties in our lives. Many times we aren't really willing to share openly with people. So if each and everyone of us make a point of reaching out to others more we will feel a difference in our own worries and be able to help each other. I am so grateful for our family. I am grateful for the purposes we have to fulfill and how to help each other. I love what binds us together. Let's work at strengthening it. Let's serve, let's speak well and uplifting about each other, let's seek to find the best in each one. Let's work to be an eternal family. I am grateful for each one, parents, sisters, brothers in law, all the kids and the families of each one. Thank you for your examples and love for me.

I love you all with all my heart. We are far apart, but we can be a family forever. It just depends on us.
I love the story some one told me one time that Grandpa Taylor said we needed to tell each other we love each other more and the older girls started to say it as they would leave the family get togethers. Aunt Rhonda told me about that once. Let's rededicate ourselves.
I love you all.

Love always and forever,
Kathryn

We are a family, forever, for always, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment