January 23, 2012

How is everyone today? I hope everyone enjoyed church yesterday and had the chance to renew their covenants. It's a good feeling.

What is new on the home front? Anything exciting happening in people's lives or in the community?

My last week was really hard. We have a another missionary here now so it's us 4. Two sets of missionaries and very very very different personalities. They are cool but I was having a hard time with some of the conversations so I just removed myself which made them feel weird so then it was that silent, grumpy, uncomfortable setting in the house. It was terrible. The week was so slow. At one point I thought ´I can't do this for six more months´ and then I thought ´Wow my life is going to be really long.... what a drag´. Basically I learned that without being happy life is terrible. So we has a good inventory and my companion lovingly told me that I needed to change, so I did. And it's been a lot better. I am learning a lot about myself, a lot about working with new personalities, and a lot about forgiveness. I am so grateful for the principle of forgiveness, which includes forgiving and forgetting. Each of us have our own motives and when you understand everything behind that motive, it makes sense. We just have to spend the time to get to know the motives behind the actions. The whole motives, which is usually more than what people are willing to say and explain. I am learning lots and trying to be more humble. As president Hinckley's father told him ´Forget yourself and go to work´. I am trying that. I am trying to get to know each of the missionaries living with me but I really need to get to know my companion. She is great, I just have to adjust as well to living with three Brazilians. They are amazing it's just a difference in culture and mindset. I had an American explain it to me really well once, she said ´I understand why you do what you do´. It is in the little things. I am grateful for the chance to get to know a different mindset then I can take the best from the two and form who I want to be.

I am so grateful for prayer. This week I have really felt the importance of prayer. It has been a blessing and I have gotten to read the Ensign from general conference in October!!! I finally got it last week!!! It is so good! I love reading it and getting to study how important their messages are! Truly we have a living prophet here on the earth again. I am grateful for that knowledge.

I love you all and I hope you are all doing well!

Love Always,
Sister Kathryn Taylor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment