January 9, 2012

First off hello everyone! I hope that everyone is doing great! I hope it's not too cold there, but cold enough to enjoy. It doesn't seem like it's snowing there like it used to be, that is kind of sad but opposite of that it's HOT here!!! Really hot. It was 44 degrees C the other day. I think that comes out to a little above 100. My companions from the north of Brazil were dying!!!! I was dealing with it better than them. I thought that was weird but they live by the beaches there so it's hot but there is always a breeze and its not so humid there. As soon as we walk outside we are sticky and its so great showering 2 times a day!! Really I am learning to love it. Its like how there is always a week or two that is really hot back home. Its like living in that without any air conditioning. So ya, but its good!

I am liking our area. Our teaching group is still really small but we are going to get another Sister next week so we will divide our area and that will be good. I am excited for that. Then we can really work, but wow time is flying. This transfer has gone really really fast. I can't believe how fast it keeps going.

It seems like right now is a time of change in our family. It's always hard to change, and never comfortable, but we don't seem to grow without change. So it really is a blessing.

We were knocking doors the other day and met two sisters and their kids, Michelle and Rosane. We started to teach the restoration but we never got past prophets and we started talking about family. These girls remind me so much of our family. Talking about how everyone is always in each others house and all the kids running around together. (I look forward to that time when I'll be there with you) But I got to talk to them about the importance of eternal families. At the end Rosane said I would like you girls to come to my house. When are you going to come by? Then she talked about how hard it is to catch her at home. But she asked again, So when are you coming by? We said this next week and she said Ok, I'll try not to leave the house so much so that I'll be there to talk to you girls. That was a neat experience that I liked because if there is anything that I know more about because of the mission it's families and the power that families have. I am so grateful for each one of you. I am grateful that we have a chance to learn and grow and help each other. The gospel is perfect. I know the things I am teaching people are true. I know God lives, he loves us. He loves us so much that he created a perfect plan for us to live but with our imperfections he sent Jesus Christ to be our Savior. Everything makes sense in the plan that Heavenly Father has provided for us. Jarom 1:2 ´What can I say more. Have not our fathers laid out the plan of salvation?´ I love that. I know the Book of Mormon and Bible are sacred scriptures as well as the words of modern prophets and we are protected as we respond to their voice. I love you all.

Love Always and Forever,
Kathryn, Auntie Kat (portuguese ti-tia kat) and for the short time I have left Sister Taylor


p.s. i found out i have really low blood pressure, andi have a hard time staying awake in personal study and after lunch so if anyone has ideas please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment