October 31, 2011



First of all HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I am so excited for you all there. That has got to be so fun today! Its not really a big deal here. I have seen a few stores that have witch hats and little toys but its just not the same. So everyone enjoy the pumpkins and goodies for me. Take lots of pictures so I can see the kids outfits.

I am still in Cruz Alta but I am with Sister Dunford which I am so happy about. She is someone I respect so much. She is helping me feel the same fire I felt when I left the MTC and started teaching. She is helping me with my Portuguese and I feel like I am finally being trained...9 months into my mission :) She is beautiful with a beautiful voice.

Crazy story. The last month at the MTC I was praying that my trainer would be ready and patient with me, that she would be prepared to help me learn all that I needed to and she would really show me what missionary work really was. The last week or so I changed my prayers to be that I would have the experiences I needed to grow. So funny enough Sister Dunford was supposed to be my trainer in the Presidentes ward but then the bishop of that ward complained and didn't want Sisters. So then the President was still like ok we will send Sister Taylor to Uruguana so that she can be with Sister Dunford, in a 3-some because they need to be together. But then that didn't work out so I went to Camobi as my first area and I was totally oblivious to this but apparently there had been a lot of bratty girls living together so I went to be in a 3-some there. And now I am with Sister Dunford. We have been through so much these past 7 months and its just so much sweeter now. I still feel like she is training me on so many things I didn't know, but the best part of all is that we are happy and we feel the spirit when we teach. We feel it so strong and I see the people feel it too! We teach and testify and smile and they feel different. We were fasting this last week to find new people and we passed a man in the street and he called back to us and said, How do I get a hold of a book of mormon? I want to start reading it again and take better care of my soul. Our jaws just about dropped and we asked if he could meet right then and we could talk to him about it. He said that day wasn't good but we could go back Saturday. We went by Saturday and he told us that earlier the other day he was at work and told his colleuges that he wanted to get back in touch with the mormon church. Everyone at work thought he was crazy and gave him a hard time about it, but then he passed us in the street and talked to us. His name is Santinho. I am excited to see what will happen.

I feel like I am really doing missionary work. She had cramps really bad this week so we weren't working like crazy but it was so good when we did. We are going to rock it this week!!!

I love it when we get to testify of the Savior and we smile and feel sooo GOOD! I haven't felt like this since the first part of the mission. I feel so much better because I actually know what is going on and what people are saying. I love the Gospel. I love the perspective I get as I read the scriptures and study conference talks. I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES. He warms my heart and gives me hope. In the hymn Where Can I Turn for Peace in Portuguese the 3rd verse talks about Christ being ´my Savior and my friend´. I love that line and it is SOOO beautiful in Portuguese. Sister Dunford sang that hymn in our sacrament meeting and it was crazy because everyone was really rowdy but the moment she opened her mouth to sing, the whole room was still. She looked at me on the 3rd verse and I started to cry. I know my Savior so much better because of the Gospel, because of this chance I have to serve a mission and change my life and the future of my family one day. I love the gospel and I am so grateful I have this chance to share it with others. I mess up daily but I can always turn to the Lord and recieve the help I need. I love you all. Humility is the key. I pray for you all.

Love always and forever and ever,

Sister Kathryn Adalee Taylor

p.s. This was a balloon and cake we enjoyed on the 9 month mark! Its going fast, that feels weird. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment