November 28, 2011

How was THANKSGIVING?????

I am getting excited to talk to you all at Christmas!! Less than a month away!! I hope it will work out for people to be relatively close so I can talk to you all. I don't know where I will be. I think I am going to get transferred next week, so who knows what is going to happen. I will certainly let you guys know what number to call. I don't want to do the cell phone again because the connection was super bad last time.

Corissa said there was some talk about coming to pick me up or not. All I have to say is that I am ok with it either way. There are plus' and minus' to either way, and the most important thing for me is to finish my mission in peace and know that the Lord accepted my work and stay strong to the end. So really either way, I will be happy. I feel very peaceful writing this right now so ya, either way. I do want to see the family when I come home. Its going to be a short span of time so I want to take advantage of all of it. I love you all.

This week - we have found this family who are amazing. we haven't met the husband yet because he works out of town on the farms but his wife and kids are great. They are reading the Book of Mormon and she wants to be baptized. We will see how it goes but I really like them. The man that stopped us in the road a few weeks ago we passed him to the Elders, (because women teaching a single guy doesn't really work...) but he is so cool. He is really serious about this. I am sad I won't be able to be a part of the teaching and hearing the stories about how his life is changing. I am realizing that is what feeds my desire, is seeing the living proof of people who put in practice and test the laws of God. Because GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED. He has given us instructions and when we follow the path he has clearly laid out for us, he will prove to us time and time again how we need to live. He blesses abundantly those who obey because our agency is the one thing we have to give back, so when we do that, he gives us more and more. I am grateful for that.

I am also learning the Lord's work will be done. He will get it done how he needs it and it's our privilege if we will be part of that. We were walking home one night and I felt like we should knock this door. We were accepted and taught a short lesson. Went back the next week, she was leaving, went back week after and at the beginning of the lesson we both thought, ok this isn't going anywhere but let's finish teaching the restoration. At the end she started asking if we had services she could go to, and asking details!! Then she opened her heart and talked about how she has been looking for a church where she could feel good. She told us this story of her son who had an accident as a child but lived and how she does all she can to thank God everyday. It is so neat to see people open up. I am excited about this family.

Well family, I love you all. I hope you all know I am so happy to be here right now. It is SOOO HOT and everyone kindly tells me that summer hasn't even arrived yet, so that's comforting. I am getting tan (which is undeniably cool) but it really is HOT and HUMID!! I am constantly sticky and after lunch until 6 is the hardest time but I know that it's possible. I am grateful for the chances I have to be a better person for myself and the family I will have one day.

I love you all and I was thinking about you guys on Thanksgiving. I am eternally grateful for the family we have and hope we will all be together for eternity. ´Juntos para sempre. para eternidade´

I love you all.

Love always,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment