August 29, 2011

Hello my wonderful family!! How are you all doing?

It was really cold and rainy again then it is getting hot now. So.......ya that is exciting!

How is everyone? I don't feel like I have anything terribly exciting to say but our ward here needs to split so that our stake can split so that they can build a new chapel here. Shich is great! It just means that it all comes down to the missionaries to find, teach (marry people) and then baptize them! We have six families, two will get baptized, two have a goood chance and then the other two are a little more complicated. Our bishop told me that I need to take care of our couples and that is my focus. Shich is good, just that suddenly everyone has problems!!!!! One couple doesn't know if they want to stay together ect ect ect. So I am giving marriage advice never being married., but i basically talk about the gospel of Christ and that when we live the gospel and decide what we want Heavenly Father will take care of us. This couple that doesn't know if they want to stay together is my favorite couple here. Which is making me sad because they are a beautiful little family but like everyone they have problems. They dont see it yet that the gospel will help their lives in every aspect!!!!!! My goal right now is to show that. :) But it's all good.

This week I have been studying virtue and how important it is as an attribute of Christ. Every action starts with our thoughts and it is so important to guard our thoughts, not just with chastity but with everything. What we let ourselves think about. There is so much in this world that is a distraction but when we are focused on the right things, we don't have to worry about a majority of the other stuff.... its been really good. Doctrine and Covenants 121:45 talks about how when we walk in the path of virtue our confidence will wax strong in the presence of God. Alma 34:32-33 talks about our purpose in this life being that we need to prepare to meet God one day and how important it is to repent now and use our time wisely. We all have sins but what will make the diference is those that choose to apply the sacrifice of Christ and repent and those that don't. Really that is the difference, who will do the work to be clean and prepare to meet God and those that just continue with life and ´do their time´. It's so much more than that.

Kersten! Happy birthday this week! I love that you are so full of life. You are always ready and willing to do something FUN!!! And you are so creative! I really don't think my mind has the ability to do what you draw and make. It's really a blessing to have you as a sister!!

Vienna!! Happy first birthday! It's weird because I feel like I really don't know her, but from what I remember I love her smile! She was always so willing and ready to smile and be loved! I am excited to get to know all the kids again and especially the new ones that we will have in the family!! So cool!

Love you all.
Enjoy this week and the end of summer!! !

Love,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment