August 22, 2011

Hello my wonderful family!!!!!!

So I have been sick sick sick this week!!! I have slept so much! It's actually kind of hard to get back into the swing of things because I am feeling better phyically but certainly weaker spiritually. What a difference scripture study makes in the day.

I have some very exciting news!!! We are teaching a family, Claudia, Robson e DavĂ­!!!!! Davi has 5 years and is so funny. I took some pictures the other day I just hope that I can send them today. I love this family. We actually met them a month ago when I really really needed the bathroom one night, it was like I needed it right then and I couldn't walk. I had to stop and cross my legs so I wouldn't pee my skirt. So my companion knocks the door and doesn't even do a contact just asks if I can use the bathroom. So I run in and try to greet people as I am running to the bathroom. I come out and we chat and mark to come back another day. For two weeks we only found the wife in the house but we wanted to teach the family so we marked to come one day when he was home and it was PERFECT. We taught the restoration, and it was by far the best lesson about the restoration that I have had on the mission. He understood the apostacy and everything. I also think it helped that Claudia was sick, she was pretty zoned out and Davi was asleep (which is a miracle because he goes 100 km an hour when he is awake). Robson said a prayer on knees and afterwards said he felt good. That it was easier than the written prayers. They have been teaching Davi to say all of the written prayers, sometimes he prays and its really cute. He is built a lot like Shay but has long hair and is in bambashos everyday, just like his dad. He loves rodeo and is learning how to rope. It's really cool. Robson practices a lot for the rodeo and is so typical gaucho. His picture should be in the dictionary next to gaucho. Very hospitable, very giving. Always has chimmahao (I still don't know how to spell that word) but he is a Brazilian cowboy. But it's so much more than that, I don't know how to explain it all. When we went back they hadn't read the Book of Mormon so I was really worried. We started to reach 2 Nephi 31 with them and invited them to be baptised and he said that if they recieve an anwer to their prayers they will. There are so many more details than this but I don't have time to write it all. But one thing he said, that if they aren't converted, and he said he thinks they will be, but if they aren't because it's always possible they may not be, that our visit has been benificial. Translating doesn't do it justice but it was so good. I love them. We ran into him on Saturday and he said they would go to church, but then his grandma and greatgrandmother came into town so that was inconvienent. We went by last night and said a prayer on knees again (he always wants to pray like that now :)) and he started to teach Davi how to pray using his own words. Davi was kind of frustrated and said but dad I don't know how to pray like this. So we helped. It was so good. Then Robson had to go to work (he works at a new paper printing place here) but I asked how the Book of Mormon reading was going and he smiles and said that next time we will talk about it. I love this family. One trial they might have is the Sabbath Day because Robson always goes out of town for rodeos at the end of the week. But it will all work out. Claudia is more resitant but its ok, we watched the restoration video with her and she is more interested now. It's so great!!!

My setting apart said that some peoples choices will break my heart.... I don't know what that means but I hope this family accepts the gospel.

My companion is funny. One night we were teaching a lesson and it was raining so my hair poofed and our apartment had been robbed earlier that week and they stole my hair stuff (and one luggage bag, what a blessing, they stole some valuables of the other sisters but i was really blesed, they even were nice enough to take out my old journals from the luggage so really i was blessed) but in the middle of the lesson she starts patting my hair down.....it was funny. Like I was a poor puppy. And the other day, super sick and cold we left the house to teach this family and my clothes were not matching at all!!! She didn't say anything then but ever since she has commented on it. It's so funny. I love her, she is great.

I love the gospel. It makes all the difference in the world and in eternity. It is simple and beatuiful. Nothing can replace our own personal study of the gospel and scriptures. The way we learn spiritually becomes a part of us and influences how we see everything and what choices we make. I love you all so very much.

Love Always,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment