October 3, 2011



Hello all!

General Conference was great this weekend. IT WENT SO FAST!!! We had a baptism in the break between the sessions! Her name is Carol. She is great. One of those people who you know will stay strong in the church and help where ever she is. I really like her. She was living with a less active and we started teaching them and then they got married and she was crazy excited to be baptized. I think she kind of got married to be baptized. I know she loves him but she was always talking about when she could be baptized. In the mission we will have all the baptisms of the month on the third Saturday of every month and she didn't want to wait two weeks to be baptized so she was baptized yesterday. The font was cold because the gas has a leak in our font and the water slowly drains so it was cold and there was very little water. :) But it was great.

I got proposed to. That was exciting. Someone said "you can stay here in Brazil and we will get married and follow the mormon church...". Not what I was expecting to hear but funny at the same time.

Claudia and Robson. Robson is loving the Book of Mormon. They have a little foresty area in the front of their house and he has gone out there several days to read the Book of Mormon and sit and think. She still has the hardest heart I have ever seen. We can't teach more spiritually or clearly. He is getting impatient with her. I am afraid he doesn't have the courage to keep going to church alone...that scares me.

Love you all family. I loved General Conference yesterday! We only got to watch it in English on Sudnay and it meant so much more to me!! It entered my heart and I loved it. I know the gospel is true. It was restored by Christ. This is His church, with the authority he has given to worthy men to guide and bless the lives of others. I love the Book of Mormon. It is a light in my life and an anchor in my testimony. I love you all and look forward to 10 months when I will be back with you all.

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment