October 17, 2011

Hello family!! how is everyone doing? it's getting warm here in the Rio Grande do Sol! People from the north of Brazil say that its even hotter here! I think its because its more humid here and in the Summer there is no breeze.... That will be fun. I am getting tan lines, especially on my neck and my feet!!!! Its pretty night and day, I can only imagine the end of the summer how crazy that will be. The equivalent of day light savings was Sunday. They only have that here in the south of Brazil. At 9 pm at night we will be going home and the sun won't have set yet, pretty cool.

Those red shoes I bought were pretty worn out so I took them to a shoe repair guy and he fixed them for way cheap and did a great job, I was pretty happy.

We had Brazilian barbeque 3 times in 2 days. Believe it or not, I am a little sick of meat. But we have been finding a lot of avocados in the street and we made quacamole. Its weird for them to eat it with spices and salt because they always eat avocados sweet with sugar or in a smoothy (which is super yummy by the way, you guys should try it! ust puta little sugar on it, or add milk sugar and cinnamon for a smoothie).

We had 3 baptisms Saturday. That was pretty cool. We had a white Saturday, I think we will be doing it like this every month now. Work all month for people to be baptized on the 3rd Saturday of every month. President was here in our zone. The day before we made a ton of cake! It was pretty cool but I learned how to do it. Its called Nega Maluca which means like crazy black woman. But its a really good chocolate cake.

I love you all. Next week will be 9 months..... wow.


Lots of love.

Love, kat

No comments:

Post a Comment