May 30, 2011

This week has flown by!!! I cannot believe it's already Monday!!! It really was fast! We have a baptism this week! His name is Roberto. It's amazing to see because he is so ready but we haven't done anything super spectacular to teach him. The Spirit and Heavenly Father are definately the ones doing the work. We do our part with preparing and teaching and the Lord does the rest. !!! I'll send photos next week!

I made pretzels last week!! They were good, my companion liked them but I think she thought they were still kind of strange so I have eaten a lot of them this week!!! Without Rachel here to help me eat them they last a lot longer :)

My companion was teaching a spiritual thought about Jonah and the whale and I kept thinking about how the kids sing the song about prophets and change the whale for whatever they think is cool. I shared this thought with the family and talked about dinosaurs then testified about the importance of follow the Savior in our lives, that we respond to the feelings and thoughts the spirit puts in our minds and hearts. We get to choose our actions but definately not our conseuquences.
The hardest thing for me right now in teaching is being able to cut people off when they are talking about everything except the lesson, and it's very culturally acceptable here to interupt people. It's just really hard for me to do because I feel like I am being so rude, but they all do it all the time. I am getting a little bit better, but when I come home and interupt you all, kindly remind me I am not in Brazil :)

I have read a scripture that was suddenly more important. Alma 12:14-15. Talking about we will be judged of our works and thoughts. The part about thoughts was important. Our thoughts are powerful and lead to our actions. It includes thinking happy and good things and not letting ourselves have self pity or dwell on the bad. Interesting.

I have been styudying so much lately, it's good, but I don't always have a ton of time to just read the scriptures! And I want to!!! I want to read the stories of Christ and the stories of missionaries!! The scriptures are full of them!!! It's amazing. The scriptures have POWER to lift us and help us. They are truly the words of God! I want to writ more but I am out of time! I lvoe you all!!

Love,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment