March 4, 2011

Wow, so time FLYS!!! I really feel like I was just here writting and doing laundry!!! Crazy, everyday we do so many things and always busy but time goes fast!!

First of all some scriptures that I really liked this week!

In Isiaih 40:28-31 and then Isiaih 41:10. They are about the Lord making up the difference in our honest efforts and how he gives us strength! Such amazing scriptures! Read them!

Then I have been wanting to work on humility lately because I get really annoyed with people or situations a lot (because I apparently think that my ideas are better, I never knew I had so much pride, well I kind of knew but it's just really obvious now). I was trying to study humility and they were really good, but I wanted to know how to humble your self (and not need to be humbled by the lord, because that just sounds a lot more intense : funny side note, I was praying for humility the other day then I thought ahhhhhhhhhh, well actually just teach me how to be humble: I was imagining something really intense happening because I asked for it, even though it would be good for me, it just sounds super hard! :) )) and I found a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 54:3 (I think the history is the saints were having a lot of issues with consecrating land, etc.) entao (like a transition work in portuguese, like or like well, or then) verse 3 says something about "if people want to escape their enemies then repent, truly humble themselves and something else...." and I thought about how I don't have physical enemies like I am sure people did then but I have enemies of my soul, right like our sins or tempations, and so then I thought about how I want that, so repentance brings humility and something else....... sorry, I don't have the scriptures in front of me but it was really good and I really liked it :)!!!!! Any more ideas on not being proud?

I am getting a haircut today.... well really just a trim because I would freak out if they actually cut a lot of it off. :)

I was going to send pictures today but I went to the desk to pick them up and pay for them but she said they weren't in and so they were probably lost. I'll get them next week! Sorry. I'll try to get a good one of just me doing something cool... I just don't know what that would be........ oh never mind I just had an idea!! :) Done and done.

We taught a lesson in portuguese this week, the person we were teaching was really nice but has served a mission in portugal so he had a lisp when he spoke and I could hardly pick out anything he said so I just went off of his body language and hoped I was getting it right. My portuguese was pretty rough but he was being nice and said I spoke pretty good for 5 weeks. :) He got home from his mission 1 week ago!! He was funny, you could tell he felt kind of akward around us, it was funny. He asked if I spoke spanish because it came out in my portueguese..... opps............ I'll learn eventually! But I don't even speak that much so it's funny, k so who knew but I guess portuguese is really tough grammatically!! Ya that means I am having trouble and when ever I speak in class my teacher looks at me with a blank look ( kind of how we looked at hime for the first few weeks) :) Funny how the world goes round.

Time is running out!! I love you all!!! Have a great week! Let me know how you are!!

Sister Taylor
Auntie Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment