March 18, 2011

Dear Family,

I have just more then one WEEK left in the MTC, that is crazy. I have started to feel comfortable here, but there is nothing like change to make you grow. Speaking of change!!! A lot has happened lately. 3 people in our district of 11 got their visas so now we are down to 8. There is a lot more room in our little class room and I am no longer in the corner, we miss them but at least they are in Brazil. One of our Sisters left so we have a new companion, (3 of us together) it is very different and our personalities are TOTALLY opposite of each other but it really is a blessing because I had no idea how to connect with my companion. She is sweet and I love her, I just couldn't relate to her AT ALL, so with this other Sister we all have to work harder and it helps us to be better. I feel more motivated, this other sister is exactly like my friend Clare Smith, she came home with me once and I lived with her in a house in provo for a while. This new sister, Sister Myers, was intimidating at first then I realized she is exactly like my friend Clare and suddenly, it was all ok. A big blessing. :)

We also got put into a new branch with a new Branch President and everything. They are going to make it a full Portuguese speaking branch, earlier we were with Italians. That will be neat but we only have 1 week in it. I feel like something else got changed but I am loosing track now :)

I have no idea what is going on with visa! but I am not worried. It would be great to serve somewhere in the USA for a while, (just so I don't have to be totally lost when I go to brazil) but it will all work out. I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me! :)

So a special experience I just had was in my prayers. I was struggling with feeling my prayers for a while, I really wanted to have a very connected feeling but I wasn't feeling it. So I kept thinking, what do I need to change? What do I need to do? I struggled for a few days then last night when I finished praying I had the sweetest small feeling come saying "I am here". I know it is small and the importance of the feeling I had with those little words is hard to convey but it was special for me. I know God is there, that he looks out for us, and that we have to be ready to hear and accept.

How is everyone doing?

I love you all!!!!!! Have an Amazing day!! Tell the kids I love them and Auntie Kat says HI!!!

God Bless

Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment