March 25, 2011

Really funny story....... on Wednesday I got reassigned to go to North Carolina Charlotte........ I was getting all prepared to speak english and only study portuguese for 30 minutes a day and all that good stuff........... then today while writing letters the travel office called me down and..................I JUST GOT MY VISA!!!! I will be traveling on Tuesday to Dallas then to Sao Paulo. I leave the SLC airport at 12 noon and get to Brazil on the next day at 7:30 am :) I am going to BRAZIL..... I kind of didn't think it was going ot happen........ but I am and I feel a little nervous. Portuguese is a lot more real and vital now!! So here it comes. I am just getting ready to not understand anything when I get there!! :) I also get to make a 5 minute phone call home, and I have had this oppertunity since Wednesday but I dont think I am going to do it, everytime I started to get ready to call I just felt weird. So I am not going to call, I hope everyone is ok with this, I will get to call the parents house on Mothers Day and talk then. I just feel a little fragile and if I were to talk I would get super attached and have a hard time focusing, I am not going to call from the air port either. Just know that I will be safe and arrive safely. DO NOT WORRY. It will all be ok. I'll email on my next p-day and let you know that everything is good! I love you all.

So it's snowing here today!!!!! That is exciting and sad but I am going to Brazil to head into their winter now!!!!! :) Fun Fun

THANK YOU FOR THE STINKIN AWESOME PACKAGES!!!!!!!!! Corissa, thank you for the goodies and shirts, MOM (and i heard Leisl and Kert helped, maybe the kids too) thank you for the package, I think I have a whole new wardrobe in the box, it was really exciting and the goodies are greatly loved by everyone! I'll just have to be careful not to be over weight with my luggage! Thank you though really, it was very nice to get and I LOVED THE NOTE in the box! That really is the funnest part, I love the whole thing but I love the notes! Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone for everyhing you do for me, thank you for helping me,supporting me and helping me and making sure everything goes ok back home. I love you all, I am so blessed to have you all in my life and to be family. That is pretty special. Families have a far greater importance than i know, and i love it!

Its snowing here!! Isn't that exciting!!!! Wow, I was wearing nice light clothes all week and drinking in the vitamin d, then it snows. Good chance to bundle up again! :)

I have had this desire to write down what I want to be, so I did. I wrote a whole page of attributes and qualities and things I want and it's great!!! I feel like I captured the emotion of what I want. Now I want to write a life motto, what I expect of my self and what I want to live up to. (I did that in page form but now I want to consolidate that to a few phrases that I can memorize and form) I don't know what exactly I want to include, and it doesn't have to make sense to everyone else as long as I get it, but it's sometihnng that has been a really exciting and encouraging thing for me. I was having an interview with one of my teachers yesterday and we were talking about this and my desire to improve and change. He talked about Ether 12:26-27. Go read it, it's about if men come humbly to Christ, He will show them their weaknesses, we have weaknesses to be humble. If we are humble and have faith in him he will help our weak things become strong. It's a very powerful scripture for me right now.

Yesterday I was giving a spiritual thought in class about Luke chapter 2 when Mary "pondered these things in her heart" and I was trying to say that I love this because I am a woman(mulher), but I said I love this because I am the best (melhor). I always get these words mixed up, and I tried so hard to say the right one, but then I messed up and I looked purplexed so one of the Sisters whispered mulher to me and everyone started laughing and I was laughing and my thought prcess was gone!! so I started to say Umm, ahh, etc a lot. (Which I do a lot in portuguese because I have a hard time filling in all the words) so my teacher had me go in front of the class and speak in portuguese and every time I said "um" and "umm" he flicked the light, it was a good example of how distracting filler words are. I hate filler words but I always use them in portuguese! So that is a goal of mine, I actually felt really good after he did that because it's been something i want to change but now I see the imoprtantce of it and I have this huge desire to improve. I am realizing how important it is to always be progressing!! It's so important and I feel so much happier!!! It's no fun to feel stuck and so important to becoming better. Anxiously engaged in a good cause!! :)

I love you all.
Have a great day.

Auntie Kat
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment