March 11, 2011

HELLO, I am down to 20 minutes! I have pictures going out this week to everyone!
So most important things first! I just realized that when asking for all of your testimonies and beliefs I should have shared mine with all of you first.

Here is my testimony.
My testimony is simple, there is nothing fancy about it. I know that my Reedemer lives, I know that he died and suffered for me personally as well as for everyone in the world. I know that the act of the atonement was essential to our eternal salvation. I know that the plan of salvation is real. I had a very special small experience with this the other day. Our class was reading in the Introduction to the Book of Mormon and it talks about the angel Moroni, when we read that scripture I had a very clear feeling in my heart that the plan of salvation is real. The longer I thought about it the more I realized how many things it influences in my life. It touches everything, that knowledge gives me direction in life, more desire to go to the temple, more desire to progress, repent and become better. More desire to work on family relationships, because we really all can live together again. I know this is true, and not only live together in family units but live with God and continue to progress. I know the Book of Mormon contains the word of God, there is power in those words and when we apply them in our life we feel a difference. I know that to know the truth of the Book of Mormon, it is an emotional feeling, we can look at all the proof but once we have the Holy Spirit confirm its truth and we are willing to act on it, it changes your life. I know that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and called him as a prophet, I do not know why he choose a young man but I have faith in God. I know that faith, repentence, baptism, recieving the GIFT of the holy ghost (to be a constant companion) and enduring to the end is the simple doctrine of Christ and as we do that we gain more knowledge and guidance in our lives. I love this gospel, I love my Savior and the comfort he provides to me, especially when I don't deserve it. I love the feeling of the holy Ghost, it is the most comforting and uplifting feeling I have ever felt. I know that the power of prayer is real. I have had some very tender and special experiences while at the MTC with prayer and I know that God listens as we pray and he responds, but it takes a lot of work and personal rightousness. I know that in the temple we make covenants with our Heavenly Father that make us more dedicated and better disciples of him. I love the opportunity I have to be serving a mission, it is hard but now that I am here, I can not imagine being anywhere else. I say these things, in the name of our savior and redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all. I have a lot of pictures to send out.

My family I love you all. Be safe and come closer to Christ.

Love, Sister Kathryn Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment