January 29, 2011

Tudo bem! (pronounced todo Bong with a long o. Its a common greeting and you say it back, like hello. but it means all's good)

No my visa didn't come through. My address at the MTC is:

Sister Kathryn Taylor
MTC Mailbox #208
BRA-SM 0328
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo utah 84604-1793

My departure date is March 28 and my mailbox number is 208. There is an email service called dear elder.com you can go write letters there and then send it, the MTC prints it off and gives it to us. That way there is no postage. That and letters are the only way we get mail during the day. I get to check my email on p-day, which is right now, it's really like 3 hours to get your laundry, letters and personal things done. It is a very big change. (but dear elder is a good idea :) )

Things are great here, my teachers are only speaking Portugues and its hard to understand sometimes. I keep changing in spanish words, so that makes it confusing but its great. Every minute of the day here is planned out, it's amazing.
At 6 am we get up and do a sisters only work out. They do a different program everyday, aerobics, toning, pilaties, etc. then we go have classes for about 6 hours a day and meals are about 30-45 minutes each meal. We have had lots of orientation meetings and we are learning how to pray and say our testimony in Portugues. They say that the first few days is the hardest because the schedule always changes but next week it should be consistant. I am excited. I am always tired though. I am not sleeping really soundly, which is suprising because I am so tired but I wake up a few times a night and a few minutes before the alarm goes off.

My companion is from Oregon and we are learning how to work together. Still getting a hang of everything that we are supposed to be doing. Her name is Sister Jessee. I'll send a pic if i can. I dont know if they let us download pictures here or not. There is definately a different way of thinking in the MTC and they do a good job of helping, its actually really nice to be so busy because we don't have time to feel home sick! :)

The food is pretty good, every meal has like 5 different options of things to eat so there is always something that is good.

The MTC is definately a special place and you always feel the spirit, BUT it is definately a lot of work.

Love you all, let me know how you are all doing!!!!!!

I'll write more next week. I am sure I'll have more to say when things are in a schedule! I am running out of time but let me tell you about the Visa's. Its really hard to get a Visa to Brazil right now. Missionaries that are going to Brazil have gone through the 9 MTC weeks and have had to be reassigned until they get their Visa's. I will probably have the same thing happen but it's all good. Rachel tell Daniel to get his Visa stuff done speedy quick. Now that I am trying to learn Portugues I am thinking stateside would be nice but I am excited for the day that I get to be in Brazil.

It slowly started to sink in that I am on a mission but it's pretty real now. I saw Elder Nielson and Elder Casper and some Sisters from my old BYU wards. The world is really small here!!!!! :)

Love you all,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment