March 5, 2012



I am so grateful to be a missionary. We are working a ton! We walk fast so I am tired but it really is a great feeling. I had forgotten how to be a missionary and I was miserable. You could probably all tell. Sorry about that, I am not very good at acting happy when I am not. It is so good to work with someone who has the same vision.

I have learned a lot about my self in these last 3 months and now I am just happpy to work. I am so grateful for the gospel and seeing people who are willing to hear the Lord's voice and respond. We found a lady named Mayara. We taught the restoration. Asked her to pray. We came back and her husband was there. She was a little shy to respond but she said when she prayed she felt the same thing she had felt when we were there. She felt good. We taught them together about the Book
of Mormon and we are going back with our Branch Presidente tomorrow to
visit them. Such a good feeling. We are finding good people.

These pictures are of us the first night Sister Pinheiro got here and the other is the sky that night. It was before it rained for 2 days. Which considerably helped the heat because before it was 47 degrees. That translates to 116 f. Good thing I didn't know that before hand because I probably would have died. Ignorance is bliss at times. :)

I think Sao Borja has the most beautiful skies!!!! I love that here. Those palm trees are the same that I have sent pictures of before.

It is good to hear everything is moving forward with mom. I want you all to know how much I love you. I know I am not always the best at showing it, but I am truly grateful for each one of you that have shown me and taught me much in my life. I am grateful for our family even with all of our faults and pride at times. I know that really families can be eternal. Families can live together, progressing eternally together. The first step is a family going to the temple. I am grateful that God loves us enough to let us learn through hard times. It would be interesting to see inside a child's head that is trying to learn how to walk. Sometimes they have to fall to learn how to be balanced. But funny, kid's don't complain. (usually ;)) Probably why the scriptures say we need to become as little children. I am
so gratful for the scriptures and for portuguese that has given me a new perspective and I am learning so much.

I love you all and hope everyone is happy and doing well. Let me know if there is anything I can do for anyone.

Love for always.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment