September 19, 2011



The man that we found last week went to church on Sunday last week and was baptised Saturday!!!!!!! Rock on! It was pretty neat.

Claudia e Robson are basically the same. We have to go back and teach the restoration because all of their questions make it or break it with the restoration. Can I just tell you guys how much I love this family. We were teaching about families the other day and she was like we are great, we don't need to change anything in our family it's just the disagreement about churches. He was like really, you really think so? There is always something to do better. Just go to church with me and then she starts with this whole, but it's complicated for me because I was already baptized ect, ect. But I love them. We stopped by the other day and were talking to him (he reminds me a lot of steve brown) and I asked how he was feeling with prayers. He said he prays every day, several times a day. I asked if he was praying specifically to know and he said he prays to have the Lord illuminate his path. (I have explained specific prayers like five times for him) Then I asked how he feels when he reads the Book of Mormon, he said he feels peace. TADA!! So I showed him the scripture in Galations (Galatas in Portugese, I don't remember exactly how it is in English) when it talks about the fruit of the spirit is peace, joy and love. I explained he will get an answer from the Spirit. Then I asked if he believes he has received an answer from God and he got really quiet and a little emotional and said he was going to go put something away and I know he knows. But he still has this issue of rodeo and getting himself in church. He wants to go as a family and she doesn't want to go. We are going to teach restoration again, specifically for her and we are going to fast for her this week. Why can't the families I love the most just get baptized!!!!!

After our lesson we started talking about the gaucho holiday which is tomorrow and how we want to spend a little time with them because he is SOOO gaucho. He dresses it everyday!! Then I started to talk about how I want to buy gaucha clothes, so I tried on a pair of her pants and I have DEFINATELY gained weight. It's pretty sad. They fit they were just really tight! So then he has a pair that he said are a little tight (he is not a small man by any means) and they told me to try them on to see what number I need to buy and I said no they will definately fall off. So I go to try them on and they don't fall off!!!! They were a tiny tiny bit on the big side, as in they fit perfectly. (In self defense he wears the very open legged style she wears the very tight kind.) Anyway, so then he found some boots and a hat and a neck tie and I was all gaucho and they took pictures and then he gave me the pants and the boots!!!! I couldn't believe it. I am falling more and more in love with the gaucho culture and it's going to break my heart when I leave at the end of the mission.

I love you all. The gospel is true and Jesus Cristo lives. He is always there to guide us, but with out us doing our parF nothing happens. from the most basic to most complicated situations in our lives, he will help and comfort us.

Love you all.

Love, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment