July 2, 2012

Hello family! Everything is going well here, I am with another companion. I was with her in Sao Borja. Its hard sometiems. She is more trunky than me, but its good for me to focus and help her. I don't have lots of time to think about the future so I think its a blessing but its hard when she doesnt want to work, and I am tired. But until the end! Its brining a whole new meaning to enduring to the end! I wonder if this is what its like in a much larger scale when people are in their 80s or 90s? Don't know, just a thought. Our little branch is interesting. Its tough. There were 12 people at church on Sunday and everyone wants us to visit them during the week, but also baptize...its a funny balance. Visiting Teaching and Home Teaching don't function here, its amazing what a huge difference it makes. Everyone wants us to stop by on other days than when we eat with them. Its interesting but I love them. I think I love them more because I have to sacrifice more. The people we were teaching aren't showing progress. Just the other young man that wants to be baptized but his parents aren't so sure yet. This week will be a lot of finding new people but that is good. I love the gospel. I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time in Portuguese and started again. When I kneeled to ask if it was true I thought about all of the things that I had learned and I just felt like ´how could it not be?´ it was really really good. Almost more weird to read it in english now. Funny huh. Time is flying, at least sometimes...hahahha but I am very excited to see you all again. 5 weeks goes quickly. Please pray for me to stay strong until the end. I am so very grateful for this time to serve and learn. I love you all and pray individually for you all daily!! All my love. Love, Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment