April 25, 2011

Not a ton of time but here it is.

Please read "Help Them on Their Way Home" General Conference, May 2010 Henry B Eyring. So good, lots of thoughts with that.

On Sunday we had 3 male investigators at church, that was a little akward. You want to help them but then you are 3 Sisters. Anyway, kind of funny but some returned missionaries helped us out and did their job.

I had the chance to talk about the importance of prayer. A lot of people are really hesistant to pray when we teach them. We ask, then they always say no you can pray. But prayer is so important, it's the way for us to receive revelation. This one time with Fabiana, I don't have a picture but she is pretty cool has 3 kids and is pregnant lives with mom, and she was having a really hard time so at the end of the lesson I explained why we pray and that it's a chance to talk with our Heavenly Father. That really is where everything starts - is understanding our relationship with God. So I committted her to pray and when we went back she had!! So cool. Then her son went in the other room and we saw him praying! I thougth WOW the example of parents is so important. I can see their family changing, little by little, I love them so much and want to help them but it all starts with their desire.

Another family, Karilene and Siderlie! So neat. We taught about the law of chastity and the importance of marriage. They are amazing, love them too.

We tried to make smores, they are different but good! Always good!

I love you all. I have a testimony and knowledge of families. I love the song, "I Am A Child of God", it has new meaning for me now and I want to be better because of it. I learn from all of you, thank you for your examples. We can continue to grow together.

Love, Sister Taylor






No comments:

Post a Comment