April 11, 2011

Hello!!

So this week...well this morning I woke up feeling strange and threw up. Not very fun, then I had diahhria. No fun either. I think my body is just adjusting to Brazil. But no worrries I am drinking lots and resting. I am just grateful that it happened today on our preparation day and not on another busy day. I think it will pass quickly.

I am just outside of Santa Maria!! My area and where I live is called Camobi! We also cover an area close that is called Sao Jose. We cover a total of 21,000 people with just us 3 missionaries!! Lots of work to do! Look it up on google earth, see if it shows it!!

I think there are only 4 areas that the President of our mission usually puts the sister missionaries. People tell me that we have 11 total sister missionaries in the mission. Not very many in my opinion but someone said they think we have 170 missionaries total in our mission. Pretty cool.

Things I need- sticky notes and pictures of the family!!! Jake was right I really want pictures of everyone, preferably in 3 or 4 pictures together, so I can show people when I talk about you all. I was talking about the importance of families the other day and I started crying, they probably thought, oh this girl is crazy!!!! :)

I live in a little apartment. There are 6 apartments in our complex and our building is bright green! I love that Brazil has so many colors. So cool! We have a little grass and a drive way. Every single house here has a gate around it so we clap when we come to houses to enter instead of knocking. Pretty cool.

I speak better portuguese in my head then I do out loud. And also when i pray. I gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting on Sunday and the Branch Presidency was overly nice in telling me that I speak very very well. I kept thinking oh your so nice. I know I don't speak very well because when I talk to people on the street they have a very confused look and then look at my companions. :) But it's good! Kind of funny. I have a hard time understanding when people talk. Of course they all talk different and at different speeds!

SO CONFERENCE last weekend, I don't remember if I wrote about it last week, that feels like a long time ago! But it was amazing, I think the best one that I have ever heard. It was realy nice to listen in English and understand everything with the little jokes!

So my mission!!! this is amazing! I really love it, remember how when I took the anatomy class I talked about it all the time for a few months???? :) Well this is going to last a lot lot longer :) the rest of my life, so just get ready. :)

The roads here vary from paved to cobble stone-ish to dirt with rocks. My feet hurt every night but I am blessed. Every night I pray to rejuvenate and be ready for the next day and my body always feels better! It's a big blessing. The houses vary from humble beyond belief to very nice. One street over the houses will be very different, it's interesting. Every once in a while I think: oh wow, I am in Brazil right now: it's kind of crazy.

I am doing good, slowly understanding more and more. The Lord is teaching me patience with my abilities and with myself. I had a little break down the other day but I am feeling capable again, that is what it's all about, right. It's life, we fall and feel hurt, then we turn back to Heavenly Father and start again. It's amazing that this life is all about learning and progression and that we get to have a family to do that with. It amazes me every time I think about it. I love you all. I pray for you all and wish you the best. Keep me in the loop!

Love, Sister Taylor

Funny, our ward mission leader is from Santa Maria and served in Idaho!!! The Pocatello Mission. I was looking at his pictures the other day and I didn't realize how much of a culture we have back there, but it's so different from here. As I looked at the pics I thought, wow I understand all of that, the hunting and church baseball and the little play on words. and then I realized how much I have to learn in Brazil!!!!
Anyway cool story.

No comments:

Post a Comment