June 27, 2011

This week has been an adjustment!! To say the least! My companion doesn't like to keep the rules, like when to sleep and study and wake up and exercise. I am learning its a lot easier to love people when you want the same things, probably a lot like marriage!! What do ya know!! I would love ideas on how to show love but be firm.
It's even harder because she has one transfer and I have 2. So she was already used to another companion who was on her last transfer and we have to adjust to each other!!! She speaks Portuguese, Brazilian, so naturally she wants to be senior. Anywyas yes it is HARD!!!!!!!! So hard that I want to run away sometimes for some peace but obviously that won't work. Its better when we are with other people so its nice to teach and talk with everyone!

So cool, the son-in-law of my Bishop lives in Porto Alegre North Mission and he came to visit the other day and said that he knows an Elder Taylor in his mission who is from Washington. I couldn't remember anyone so he called the missionary and it was RIDGE!!! So we talked for a few minutes!! It was so cool! I totally forgot that he was in Porto Alegre. I thought he was way north of Brazil, but no he is my neighbor!!! So cool!!!!!! So fun!!!

I don't have anything stunning this week, please know that I love you. Pray for me right now. Specifically that I can have peace and understand my companion. She is 29 and her blessing said she needs to serve a mission but she didn't want to. I think she has finally come to terms with it, but she has a very set way of thinking and we need to do a lot to improve together! I am far from perfect with the missionary work, just pray that i'll have the ability and desire to love.

My setting apart, President Montierth said I will not permanently mess anything up on the mission. Those words are more comforting now.:)

Its getting COLD!!!! It will get even colder. The houses here aren't made for the cold. It's all brick and no insallation and only little space heaters. :) Fun fun.

I love you all!!! I dont know how else to say it but I love you all!!!!! So so very much!!!!

Love always and forever.

Kathryn
Auntie Kat
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment